As you may have guessed by now, we love our neighborhood. The Art Mecca of Charleston is at the corner of King and Warren in the heart of the Upper King Design District, and within walking distance of so many fun things to do. Here are our Top 10 favorite things to do on Upper King.
10. Drink Prosecco on the patio at Rue de Jean (especially if it's raining).
9. Buy fresh pasta and veggies at the Saturday Farmer's Market in Marion Square.
8. Get a to-go pint of vanilla bean yogurt and granola from the Black Bean Company.
7. Browse the iconic Blue Bicycle Books and buy something we didn't know we wanted.
6. Have a quiet moment in the sanctuary of historic St. Matthew's Lutheran Church.
5. Sneak in a mid-morning pistachio macaroon from the Macaroon Boutique.
4. Check out the concert and film posters at Charleston Music Hall.
3. See what's new in regional arts and crafts at Surface Gallery.
2. Pat the metallic pigs at Mitchell Hill.
1. Take a free Swing Dance lesson then join in the fun at Prohibition.
Of course, our real favorite thing to do is hang out at Art Mecca and absorb the vibe! This Friday is the monthly 3rd Friday Art Walk in our neighborhood - hope to see you there.